Saturday 18 February 2012

SFFS 18/02/2012

Welcome back! This week, as promised, I'm serving up another snippet from Am I Dreaming? Also as promised, it follows on from last week's instalment.
Curiosity stirs within me, a whorl of questions tugging at my mind. What questions they are, though, eludes me. The throb of my heartbeat takes over my body, bringing relaxation that is almost sensual, a protection from the cold. Where did that thought come from? As though on automatic, I cross the room, throwing on my dressing gown and slippers, head down the stairs and out through the front door. Sense barely registers, although I can confirm that I’m not freezing cold as I should be. The snow radiates warmth like the baking sand on a tropical beach, and I long to sink myself into it. But no, the tug of that green light is too strong and I make my robotic way down the path, across the road, over the fence and into the copse.

Do catch up on the snippets from my fellow writers, which you can find here at our home-blog.