Saturday 28 May 2011

SFFS Week #1

Welcome to the first posting of SFFS. I'm going to share some snippets of my writing most weeks, and posting them under the SFFS tag. To take a look at other writers' snippets, follow this link to the SFFS blog.

So here goes - my six sentences for this week. They come from first draft of a short story that is currently titled The Thalladium. A six-year old child has been bitten by a zimran - a creature similar to the fox of Earth origin. The narrator is a stranger to the world she is in, having being mysteriously transported there from present-day Earth, and finds herself in what appears to be a harsh, primitive society, reminiscent to the Middle Ages on Earth in some respects. I hope you enjoy.



My heartstrings tore in two, at the thought of losing that cheerful little boy. To never see his tanned, elfin face, smiling up at me so endearingly ... I shook my head at the thought. My heart just couldn’t accept it. There was no way that this little boy was going to die if I could do anything about it. “Oh, I wouldn’t be so sure about that. It’s time that things started changing around here.”