Wednesday 11 May 2011

Guest Blogging over at Amy's

Good day all!

I just thought I'd unpack some of what's gone on in the last two days. Weird doesn't quite fit the requirements of word-demand.

All I can really say is, I was reading a book, and suddenly it was like a blinding white light hit me, and I discovered how to do something I've been talking about for months, but have been unable to do with my writing. That mystery is "relaxing" my writing. Along with it came the revelation - provided by a friend - of understanding HOW I write. I'm a plot writer. There's no doubt about it. I have to work much harder than others to build up my characters and my story-settings than I do at my plots. This just makes my life so much easier, it really does!

Do - if you're interested - go and read my guest post Relax your Writing, at Amy Rose Davis's blog, Modicum of Talent, Flashes of Brilliance. I wouldn't say that I'm an expert on writing, or that my story-telling is now perfect. All I'm saying is, "I learnt something."