Wednesday 27 April 2011

Worship Wednesday

These are the words to the song as I remember them, so may not be completely correct. Originally written by the Penguins in Africa band in the early-mid 1990's.




Red River

From Genesis to Revelation
The people of God face no condemnation;
'Cause there's a river that flows,
The red river of blood from God's own Son.
When I walked through that river,
My chains fell off, my heart was set free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee,
Yes, I was in bondage, but now I am free
Yes I was in the river, but now
I'm in the wide open sea
Taken from the tunnel, onto the highway;
I was in debt, but now I have no more to pay.
They cast the nails through His feet and His hands
They raised up the cross, and dropped it in its stand.
The river flowed for you and I,
Curtain split between land and sky.
Live like me is His only request,
Make your lifestyle worth my death.
Or did Jesus die in vain,
Are you gonna stay the same?
I can only speak for myself when I say,
I've been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ,
Hanging there, Jesus paid the price.

From Genesis to Revelation,
The people of God face no condemnation.