Tuesday 7 December 2010

Resting


A Christmas Medley - 7th December

Here we come a wassailing
Among the leaves so green, ...


"The team will be singing carols at the care home on Saturday night," her Mom said. "Will you be joining us?"

"Ah man, do I have to?" Sam pouted. They were relaxing in the lounge; Sam was playing a game while her Mom read a book.

"Well, the old people loved you last year ... and they'll ask where you are if you don't come," her Mom replied.

"Yeah ... they like to pat me on the head and remind me how they remember me when I was knee-high," Sam said sulkily.

"Oh Sam," her Mom came and put an arm around her. "You know, when I was your age, they used to say the same thing to me. Even now I might occasionally meet someone who remembers me at that age - especially at the care home. So it's you and me both, you see!"

"Mmmmmm," Sam responded, thinking. "I guess it isn't so bad then. And I do enjoy the singing - and some of the old ladies are lovely. I think I'll definitely be there - so long as one of the ladies tells you that they remember you when they were knee-high." She smiled at her Mom.

Her Mom laughed. "There's the spirit!"

Song extract from "Here we Come a Wassailing"